Residents Love The Shire!
Location, location, location—the primary criteria for real estate. The Shire is located in the heart of Brookfield, 1/2 mile north of Bluemound Road and east of Barker Road.
- Views and Woods. Twelve Lots have panoramic views, many have lower level walkout capability, and many are abutted by conservancy areas assuring privacy and permanent value.
- Schools: Elmbrook School District (except lots 7-13, 26, 27). Brookfield Elementary, Wisconsin Hills (Junior High), and Brookfield Central High are each located within two miles. Acclaimed private schools, Brookfield Academy and St. John Vianney, are also located within two miles.
- Parks: Rolling Meadows Park is located just across Brookfield Road. Fox Brook Park: On Barker Road just north of River Road has a beach, swimming pond and nature trails. Mitchell Park: on River Road within two miles has nature trails, ball fields, a dog park, and the Sharon Lynn Wilson Center.
- Bike Paths and Jogging Trails: Brookfield’s celebrated Geenway Trail System and bike paths are easily accessible by foot or bicycle.
- Shopping: Located 1/2 mile north of Bluemound Road there is easy access to the Bluemound Corridor of shops and restaurants including Brookfield Square, Fountain Square, Fresh Market, Fleming’s Steakhouse. Several miles to the north of The Shire is the Towne Centre including Sendik’s Grocery Store and the shops and restaurants along Capitol Drive.
- Places of Worship: Virtually every faith denomination and non-denomination has a worship facility located within five miles of The Shire.
- Conservancy Areas: The southern edge of The Shire abuts wetlands and conservancy areas teeming with wildlife, deer, wild turkeys, cranes, etc. The Shire has its own dedicated 30+ acre grassy recreation area for hiking, dog walking, field games, snow sledding, cross country skiing, etc.
- Excellent Architectural Controls: The Shire’s Deed Restrictions assure the upscale nature of the subdivision, many of which exceed a $1,000,000 value.
- City Sewer and Water; Underground Utilities: All homes in The Shire benefit from the aesthetic appeal and health-assurance of having underground sewer, water, gas, electric, and cable.
- Freeway Access: I-94 is located less than 2 miles from The Shire.
- 35 acre recreation area (atop landfill site properly closed over 30 years ago): The Shire Subdivision and all lots within it were developed from wooded, virgin-natural, undisturbed land. Near the Shire is a 35 acre recreation site and hill near which is available for use by the subdivision residents. It is located above a Brookfield landfill that was managed and closed in an environmentally-conscious way in 1981 and continues to be monitored in perpetuity by Waste Management of Wisconsin, Inc. under the proper oversight of all local and state governing bodies. This site has a topsoil top layer over a dense clay-soil cap. No part of The Shire Subdivision Home Sites was ever part of the former landfill. An engineered clay cap was installed over the closed landfill in 1981 and additionally recapped in 1988 in accordance with solid waste disposal regulations issued by the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources, NR 500. Brookfield residents and neighbors have been using the surface of the capped landfill for dog walking, hiking, sled ridding, snow-boarding, etc. for over 40 years. None of the Lots are located on the closed landfill. Only Lots 28, 30-33, and 41 border the designated recreation/former landfill site, and they are separated by a safe and comfortable setback requirement as established by the DNR. Lots 34-37, on the north are separated from the closed landfill by Misty Mountain Parkway as well as the additional DNR setback requirement. None of these Lots are any closer to the closed landfill than homes which have been in fine Mount Pleasant subdivision for over fifty years.